Returning Home as an Expat
Planning to move back home after living abroad?
- Is your professional task coming to an end and it’s time to come back home?
- Do you want to return to your country, because the reason for becoming an expat is not there anymore?
- Are you worried about how is going back home going to affect you and your family?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, I encourage you to keep reading!
You are ready to:
- stop being frustrated because you have to start again with your professional life back in your home country
- not worry about having to explain your decisions to others all the time
- be optimistic and confident about returning home
- feel the connection with your life in your country
- find some structure and sense in this “coming back-chaos”
- manage the “negative feelings” that may affect your returning
I’m here to help you …
- face the grieving process of saying goodbye to your friends and life abroad
- cope with reverse cultural shock
- understand and deal with the new challenges of being home again
- match your expectations with the reality that’s waiting for you
- adapt your new self to economic, social and personal changes that occurred while you were abroad
- be open to meet new people and to reconnect with your old friends
- being able to say: I’m part of this new land and I feel like I belong again